Yield Your Heart


Let’s talk about hearts! One of my favorite topics! Pride was creeping “into the hearts of the people who professed to belong to the church of God” Hel 3:33 They began persecuting other members of the church.

“Nevertheless,” those being persecuted “did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God.”

Isn’t that so beautiful? They were sanctified, or made sacred, through “yielding their hearts unto God.” Like, take my heart! It is in your hands! I will do your will! I know you can make more out of me than I can. I trust you! I’m ready.

He has given us so much. What can we give in return other than our hearts?

In Helaman 5 it says Nephi “yielded up the judgment seat.” Why would he do that? HUGE fights have erupted over the judgment seat, people have murdered over the judgment seat! But Nephi gives up that power. He steps down. He leaves! Why?

Because he, along with his brother Lehi, wanted to “preach the word of God all the remainder of his days.”

He yielded up the judgment seat because he yielded his heart to God.

He thought he could make more of an impact as a humble missionary than the leader of the country. What an act of faith!

Nephi and Lehi had remembered what their father told them about their namesakes,

“When you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were good.

“Therefore, my sons, I would that ye should do that which is good”

Do good. And wow, they did!! Helaman 5 is golden!!

They could have stayed... but they chose to go! They probably would have lived good lives if they stayed... but they experienced AMAZING miracles because they chose to go! They made good into better. And God made it best.

I know if I yield my heart to Him, He can do way more with it than I can. I pray I can be humble enough to discover how.

Comments