Always Remember Him


Well, it was back to church today after many months! I’ve actually loved home church. But being at church again, gathered with just a few members, was beautiful, and I found myself getting emotional during the sacrament, listening to the words of the prayer, renewing my covenant to take upon myself His name, keep the commandments, and remember Him. My cute 13-year-old boy passed the sacrament, and then he gave a great talk on what he learned from the scriptures this week. The meeting was short and sweet, and I have to say, all the kids behaved stupendously. We have come a long way from Cheerios thrown across benches and threatening children out in the foyer.

At times I’ve wondered why so many things in the church seem so repetitive. The sacrament, the temple, the talks... we hear the same things again and again. The word “remember” is used hundreds of times in the scriptures, and if there’s a “remember, remember” ooohhh you know you better pay attention.

But you know what? It’s cause we so easily forget! I mean, why do I have to remind the kids to bring their dishes to the sink EVERY SINGLE DAY, to not take off their shoes in the van, to say please and thank you? Cause they constantly forget! Why is it so easy to forget?

I make goals, then let other things get in the way. I have great intentions, then get distracted. If I go a few days without studying the scriptures, I forget what that connection to the spirit feels like. Every time I attend the temple I’m like, wow, I’m gonna remember that! And then I don’t.

“Do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way...

the way is prepared...

look to God and live.” Alma 37

So easy to forget.

Luckily we have ways to remember. I love recommitting and recharging at the temple. I miss it! But the Sabbath is also set aside for this! To remember our covenants, to remember what’s important, to remember spiritual goals, to remember the eternal perspective, to remember Christ’s sacrifice, to remember that this life is the time to prepare to meet God!

“The covenant to always remember Him should influence and inspire us in every decision and action in our lives.” -Elder Soares

It was a good day❤️

Comments