A Particle of Faith


When I was a teenager I remember someone bearing their testimony about faith. How faith is not a perfect knowledge- it starts with a hope and a desire, and that’s all! I remember feeling a sense of relief! I had been struggling with the idea of a testimony- did I have one? I didn’t know everything and I didn’t know for sure! BUT I DID have a desire. I could work with that!

This is exactly what Alma taught. If ye have no more than a DESIRE to believe, let THAT work in you. Exercise a PARTICLE of faith! “Give place that a seed may be planted in your heart.”

As I made space for my testimony to grow, as I let Him in, as I humbled myself and was ready to hear, truths came, they swelled, they bloomed.

My experiences with the Holy Ghost are indescribable. They keep me all in. They “enlarge my soul” and “enlighten my understanding.” That’s truly what it feels like! It’s transcendent. And I can’t deny it. It is “most precious” and “sweet” to me.

As I have planted seeds of faith again and again, they have grown into a garden, and the roots are strong. Weeds come, sometimes I have questions, I know I don’t understand everything, BUT I know there is a bigger picture. And this is enough for me. I try not to take this gift of faith for granted. I know it’s not so easy for everyone. But it is very real to me.

“O then, is not this real? I say unto you, Yea, because it is light; and whatsoever is light, is good, because it is discernible, therefore ye must know that it is good.” Alma 32:35

Comments