We Can Know Too


Since we weren’t able to have an “official” tour of the Sacred Grove when we walked the grounds a few weeks ago, we signed up for a virtual tour last week!

I’ve been there twice and had the “tour,” so I knew this would be great for the kids to hear stories and see inside the Smith homes. In my mind, this Zoom call was mainly for THE KIDS.

What I didn’t expect was the Spirit hitting me like a TON of bricks as I listened to the missionaries testify. I was in tears! I feel it again right now as I write this. 

I’d had a beautiful experience at the grove a few weeks ago. I love that sacred place!

But,

Isn’t it interesting that the Spirit was JUST as powerful, if not MORE, sitting in my living room watching a computer screen of the Sacred Grove as actually sitting IN the Sacred Grove? 

I keep thinking about this!

Pure testimony invites the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Ghost testifies of truth. He can testify of truth no matter where we are, what we have seen, or HAVEN’T seen with our own eyes!

People saw Christ! Felt his wounds. Heard Him teach.

He tells them, “Blessed are ye if ye shall believe in me... after that ye have seen me and know that I am.” 3 Ne. 12:1

You standing here, blessed are you for believing in me!

THEN comes the next part-

“And again, more blessed are they who shall believe in your words because that ye shall testify that ye have seen me, and that ye know that I am. Yea, blessed are they who shall believe in your words, and come down into the depths of humility and be baptized, for they shall be visited with fire and with the Holy Ghost...” (v2)

MORE blessed are those who will hear your words about me & believe. 

Those of us who haven’t seen Christ CAN have as powerful a testimony as those who fell at his feet.

The Spirit speaks right to our HEARTS. This is where spiritual knowledge is planted.

“The Holy Ghost will bear record... for the Father, and I, and the Holy Ghost are one.” 11:36

“In a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God’s Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer” -Bruce R McConkie

Comments