Are Your Glasses On


I was in 10th grade when I realized I was practically blind. Squinting at the board was my first clue, but I was shocked when I stood in front of the eye chart in driver’s ed! No amount of squinting would turn those fuzzy black blobs into letters! 

The day I finally got glasses was MAGICAL! I walked in having NO IDEA what I was missing out on. I walked out looking at a WHOLE. NEW. WORLD. A world that was 3-D and full of vibrant color! A world where leaves, grass, and carpet had texture! A world where I could see who people were in the school hallways, and stop signs while driving!🙌🏼

I couldn’t believe I’d lived so long thinking the way I saw was good enough! Once things were clear, I was not going back.

The Nephites saw many great wonders, signs, and miracles surrounding the Savior’s birth. The prophesies were true! They were “astonished” and “the more part of the people did believe” 3 Ne. 1

They saw!

But after awhile “the people began to forget those signs and wonders which they had heard, and began to be less and less astonished at a sign or a wonder from heaven... they began to be hard in their hearts, and blind in their minds, and began to disbelieve all which they had heard and seen” 

They went BACKWARDS, to blindness! How could this happen?

Satan “did blind their eyes and lead them away to believe that the doctrine of Christ was a foolish and a vain thing.”

What once was amazing was now foolish! Doubts, rationalization, desensitization took away what they HEARD and SAW.

They took their glasses off.

It doesn’t make sense. But it happens all around us. Dismissal of sacred things. Rejecting spiritual witnesses once held true. Things get blurry.

And their eyes adapt.

Just like those witnessing the signs of Christ’s birth, His death, His resurrection, we are witnessing the signs of His Second Coming! Right now!

Pres. Nelson said, “Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory.”

Gives me goosebumps.

Do I believe?

Will I see? 

Are my glasses on?

Comments