Never Join the Dark Side: Light Wins!


 Okay, I COULDN’T help but compare 3 Ne. 3-4 to... STAR WARS. You see it too, right?! Giddianhi vs. Lachoneus? Dark Side vs. Light Side? The methods of Satan? Humor me here.

FLATTERING

Vader: Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You've only begun to discover your power. 

Giddianhi: I write this epistle unto you, and do give unto you exceedingly great praise; ye do stand well in defense

TAUNTING

Emperor: Oh no, my young Jedi, you will find that it is YOU who is mistaken- about a great many things! —Young fool!

Giddianhi: It seemeth a pity unto me, most noble Lachoneus, that ye should be so foolish & vain

HUNTING

Emperor: Perhaps you refer to the imminent attack of your Rebel fleet... An entire legion of my best troops awaits them. 

Giddianhi: ...many brave men who are at my command...do await with great anxiety for the word—Go down upon the Nephites and destroy them.

RECRUITING/SEDUCING

Vader: It is your destiny! Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy as father and son! Come with me. It is the only way.

Giddianhi: Yield yourselves up unto us, and unite with us and become acquainted with our secret works, and become our brethren that ye may be like unto us...our brethren and partners.

THREATENING/TRAPPING

Emperor: If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed! It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You... are now mine!

Giddianhi: If ye will not do this, I swear unto you with an oath...that my armies...shall slay you...until ye shall become extinct.

Well NOT TODAY, SATAN!

Luke: Never! I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You have failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

Lachoneus: Was a just man, and could not be frightened by the demands and the threatenings of a robber; therefore he did not hearken to Giddianhi...but he did cause that his people should cry unto the Lord for strength.

Luke wins. 

The Nephites win. 

Light wins! 

Yes, there’s praying, fortifying, guarding, waiting, battles, and darkness along the way, but in the end, LIGHT WINS.

You have failed, Satan. We are children of God.

“To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night.” -Yoda

Comments