He Knows Our Hearts


I made frozen pizza the other day.

After awhile my family is like- WHAT IS BURNING? Turns out, I had read the instructions for the TOASTER oven, NOT the regular oven. They had very similar steps, but one difference- a longer cook time. Which resulted in a VERY crispy pizza. 😬

All it took is ONE thing off to change the whole outcome. Like the time I mistakenly used powdered sugar instead of flour while making cookies. (I was 17! 🤦‍♀️) Or the time I forgot to put sugar in pumpkin pie. Or burned popcorn cause I was off by a few seconds. This is how Satan works. He uses ALMOST all the right ingredients. He uses philosophies of men MINGLED with scripture. At first glance, nothing seems off at all! It looks good! He "is quite adept at taking truth & reconstructing it in a way that serves his needs while still appearing to be true. Only by a close examination, only through additional witnesses, can we be confident that we have chosen wisely." (Nicholas J. Frederick)
 
He "seeks to discredit the Savior & the priesthood, to cast doubt on the power of the Atonement, to counterfeit revelation, to distract us from the truth” (True to the Faith, Satan)
 He offers counterfeit solutions that may appear to provide answers but take us even further... He offers a mirage that has the appearance of legitimacy and safety but ultimately... will collapse" (Elder Waddell)

Joseph was surprised to learn none of the churches were true. “They draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof" (JSH 1:19)

They SAID the right thing. They had a FORM of godliness. But like whited sepulchres, were “within... full of hypocrisy and iniquity" (Matt 23:28). 

Beware of half truths! Beware of “ravening wolves” in “sheep’s clothing” (Matt 7:15)

See through it! IT IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS.

Come to KNOW the TRUE CHRIST. HEAR Him! RECOGNIZE the Spirit & CLING to it. 

Satan will fool MANY. But he can’t fool God! WE can’t fool God!

“Search me, O God, and know my heart” (Ps. 139:23)

I pray my heart shows I choose Him, not Satan‘s parody, which will, in the end, burn.

Comments