A Work For Me To Do


I feel like we just said farewell to Moroni, and now he’s back already! That was fast! πŸ˜† Okay, not for him. But how excited was he to visit Joseph?! I like to imagine they were friends in heaven & high-fived each other saying, I got your back, bro! See ya soon! 

Maybe not... but I DO think Moroni was SO eager to get the ball rolling, to tell him about the book he’d worked so diligently to preserve! It sat in the dirt long enough! It was time to bring it out of obscurity! Time to restore God’s power on the earth! Time for the voices of the dust to be heard! Time for another testament! Time for the last dispensation! Time for the gathering!

“He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Moroni; that God had a work for me to do” (JSH 1:33)

Moroni knew all about the work! Mormon reminded Moroni of his work in HIS last days: “For we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy” (Mor. 9:6)

The work of Moroni & Joseph led the way for US & OUR WORK. Now it is OUR time.

“Some of us question whether Heavenly Father can use us to make important contributions. But remember, He has always used ordinary people to accomplish extraordinary things” (Elder Pingree Jr)

When my daughter was 6, she learned how to make toast. One day she INSISTED on bringing homemade toast to the neighbors. I actually tried to talk her out of it.😬 I told her maybe we could make cookies later. She WOULD NOT hear of it. She BEGGED to bring them toast.

So she butters some toast, puts them on a plate, says "Bye mom!" & I watch from the window as she runs barefoot to their house. 🀦‍♀️

She came back GLOWING about her toast-giving endeavor.πŸ’›

Later my neighbor told me she LOVED the toast & that it warmed her heart!

Like Joseph, we each have a work to do.

Maybe you think you need fancy cookies, but all ya have is... toast. Maybe you’re tempted to shrink back & just give nothing. 

BUT: God makes ordinary toast extraordinary! 

Don’t shy away from what YOU are meant to do! 

Don’t downplay YOUR gifts!

He is the bread of life! You + Him = can’t fail.

So, make your toast. It’s needed! It’s time.

Comments