They Did Give Light


It occurred to me... 
Maybe WE are the stones.

Regular old rocks.

BUT- we wanted more.

So we made a choice, long ago. 

We fought for this choice!

I think we gave ourselves pep talks... it’s gonna be hard, but we can do it!  We are ready! We won’t be alone!

“And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea” (Ether 2:25)

We came prepared!

Prepared to be molten rock. To be refined, shaped, & polished... into glass.

But that’s not all!

It’s dark down here.

We came prepared to be touched by the finger of God. We came prepared to be LIGHT.

Can we TRULY be changed? We are regular rocks! Can He do it?

“I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore, touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness... that we may have light while we shall cross the sea” (3:4)

He has the power to change! We have the power to become.

He has the power to “give light” (6:2)! We have the power to BE light.

“...the Lord stretched forth his hand and touched the stones one by one with his finger” (3:6)

He ministers one by one. To you. To me.

And then we minister to others with His light, with His love. I have felt this love! So many add light to my life!

“And thus the Lord caused stones to shine in darkness, to give light unto men, women, and children, that they might not cross the great waters in darkness”(2:3)

Because of Him, we shine. Because of Him, we do not have to cross the stormy seas in the dark! Because of Him, we can be transformed. It is WHY He was born. It is WHY He died.

“Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. (3:14)

We are the stones! 

“I am the true light that is in you, and that you are in me...

"If your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things" (D&C 88:50, 67)

Comments

  1. Wow! Ive never thought about it this way. Thank you for enlightening me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hadn't either, but the more I thought about it, the more the analogy worked! Nate even brought up something today along those same lines- how each barge had two stones in them-- like a family with a father and mother's faith to help guide them. I liked that!

      Delete
  2. 2:25 is a verse I have never really noticed before, but it really struck me this time when I read it. So much to learn in that verse. I enjoyed reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's amazing how no matter how many times I read the scriptures, there's still things that stick out that never have before! That's a verse I never noticed before either!

      Delete

Post a Comment