I Write Unto You


I need to add something to my last post about how Mormon could go on despite everything.

PURPOSE.

He knew his purpose:

Help others come to Christ.

On the outside looking in, boy, does it look like he failed!

On the contrary!

While he could not help his own people,

He has helped millions of us.

The Book of Mormon has helped millions of us!

As I read Mormon and Moroni's words, 

I FEEL GOOSEBUMPS!

"Therefore I write unto you, Gentiles...   that ye may believe the gospel of Jesus Christ, which ye shall have among you; (Morm 3:17, 21)

And Moroni's-"Behold, I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing." (8:35)

They write to ME.

They speak to US.

They warn US.

They bear testimony to US.

Their last days of loneliness & sorrow were spent writing &  abridging records for US.

They buried them, unburied them, and buried them again FOR US.

"...having been commanded of the Lord that I should not suffer the records which had been handed down by our fathers, which were sacred, to fall into the hands of the Lamanites... therefore I made this record out of the plates of Nephi, and hid up in the hill Cumorah all the records which had been entrusted to me by the hand of the Lord, save it were these few plates which I gave unto my son Moroni" (6:6)

“...it shall be brought out of the earth, and it shall shine forth out of darkness, and come unto the knowledge of the people; and it shall be done by the power of God." (8:16)

They endured for US, knowing there was more to come! Knowing THEIR people had rejected the gospel, but perhaps WE would not.

We have not.

I have not!

“For the eternal purposes of the Lord shall roll on, until all his promises shall be fulfilled." (8:22)

We can ALSO endure, knowing our IDENTITY, PURPOSE, & DESTINY.

We have a part to play. We DO make a difference!

“Let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.” (D&C 123:17)

PS I’m adding captions to my photos so I can find my posts easier on Instagram! This is a record of things I’ve learned so I need to index them somehow 😊

Comments