Here is Hope


Fall kinda stresses me out. As soon as I see those first colors make their grand appearance, I’m half happy gushing over the season and half heartbroken thinking of its end. Alas, it always does, despite my pleadings! Goodbye Fall, goodbye. But... of course I know it’s not the end. The leaves will be back. They will!

You know what else comes back? Hair.

Today I tried to trim side bangs & in an unfortunate series of events, I accidentally cut WAY TOO MUCH. 

So now I resemble my 4th grade self. 

It’s fine. 🤦‍♀️ But guess what- hair grows back! It is not the end!

“Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God had not ceased to be a God of miracles.” (Mormon 9:15)

Those words stood out to me this week!

Whatever happens in life, we can be assured it is NOT the end. Things may look bleak for awhile. But this is the 2nd act in a 3-act play. There is always hope!

Rob Gardner’s album “The Lamb of God” is so touching, and I recently listened to “Here is Hope,” meant to be sung by the role of Mary, the mother of Jesus, during Christ’s death. These words!

“He who healed our sorrows

Here was bruised and broken

He whose love no end knows 

Here was forsaken, left all alone.


Here despair cries boldly, 

Claiming this its victory.

Sweeter peace enfolds me:

Hope did not die here,

But here was given.


Here is love unbounded,

Here is all compassion,

Here is mercy founded!


Hope did not die here,

But here was given.

Ours is the victory

Here is Hope.”


Hope did not die there!

Hope will not die here!

“Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces... when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death— Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow... In this life or the next, Sunday will come.” -Elder Wirthlin

So will new life in the spring. (And new hair in a few weeks)

“Who can stand against the works of the Lord? ...Who will rise up against the almighty power of the Lord?” (9:26)

None! The work rolls on. “I will show unto you a God of miracles.” (9:11)

Comments