I Am Called


“There’s a call that comes to you and me...”

The old seminary song “The Olive Tree” came to my head last night. And as I reviewed the words of the song I played again and again as a teenager in seminary not cause I understood it necessarily but because it “sounded pretty,” it hit me like a ton of bricks! THIS is NOW. The allegory of the olive tree finale is NOW!

“Thou art called to prune my vineyard with a mighty pruning, yea, even for the last time.” D&C 24:19

This is what President Nelson has been trying to tell us! 

This is not just about missionaries with name tags, or spending hours in the family history center, or attending the temple. I love how Pres. Nelson clarified in simple terms that gathering Israel is building faith! It’s helping others make and keep their covenants! It’s being willing to speak the name of Christ! It’s seeing everyone as a child of God & loving them as such! Yes, that’s a lot of exclamation points, but as I read a bunch of scriptures on gathering Israel last night (they’re everywhere!) & some of the promises of covenant Israel, I feel like I’ve FINALLY caught the vision! And it’s EXCITING to me!

President Nelson said, “The gospel net to gather scattered Israel is expansive.” It reminds me of the scriptures about enlarging our tents & lengthening our cords (3 Ne. 22:2). There is room for everyone in God’s kingdom. We MAKE room! We labor & gather our fellowmen! We carry them in our arms & on our shoulders (1 Ne. 22:8) because we LOVE them. We feel God’s light, we feel His love, and we want that for everybody! There is MORE to this life. We are divine!

“They shall be brought out of obscurity and out of darkness; and they shall know that the Lord is their Savior and their Redeemer, the Mighty One of Israel.” (1 Ne. 22:12)

“It is happening right now! As an essential prelude to the Second Coming of the Lord, it is the most important work in the world!” (Pres. Nelson)

(See, he uses exclamation points too!)

Let God Prevail!

“If ye have desires to serve God, ye are called to the work.” D&C 4:3

I am CALLED.

Comments