We Cannot Disregard The Divine In The Creation: Day 11


On the 11th day of Christmas, Christ gave me… Creation.

I’m a self-proclaimed Nature Gusher. Oh, it’s just what it sounds like. I gush at nature. At trees, rivers, lakes, sunsets, landscapes, flowers, rocks, mountains, you name it, & I gush like I’ve never seen it before! 😆 I can’t help it. I find LIFE & SPIRIT in nature. Being under the heavens brings me back to myself like nothing else. I feel like Alma, who proclaimed: “All things denote there is a God” (Alma 30:44)

“We cannot disregard the divine in the Creation.” (Pres. Nelson)

“For by [Christ] were all ​​​things​ ​​​created​, that are in heaven, & that are in earth… (Col 1:16)

“By the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten” (Moses 1:33)

I think of Moses’ incredible vision where he “beheld the world upon which he was created… & all the children of men… he greatly marveled & wondered” (8)

I BET HE GUSHED. 

It took several hours for his strength to return. He said, “Now, for this cause I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed” (10)

The “prince of Egypt” was sufficiently humbled! And no wonder! He understood these truths:

“My works are without end” (4)

“Worlds without number have I created” (33)

“…innumerable are they unto man” (35)

But, being face to face with God, He ALSO knew this truth:

“But all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine & I know them” (35)

We are His. He knows EACH of us. And all His creations, are “made for the benefit & the use of man, both to please the eye & to gladden the heart” (D&C 59:18)

“God Himself said we are the reason He created the universe! …This is a paradox of man: compared to God, man is nothing; yet we are everything to God. While against the backdrop of infinite creation we may appear to be nothing, we have a spark of eternal fire burning within our breast. We have the incomprehensible promise of exaltation—worlds without end— within our grasp. And it is God’s great desire to help us reach it.” (Uchtdorf)

So, we were created to live in God’s creations so that WE could create!

“Sculptors of life are we, with our uncarved souls before us. Everyone of us is carving a soul.” (David O. McKay)

A reason to gush, for sure.

Comments