God Is Not Dead, Nor Doth He Sleep: Day 10


Well, I ALMOST stayed on track with my 12 days of Christmas posts. But never fear, day 10 is here 😆

On the 10th day of Christmas, Christ gave me… Hope.

One day when my son was in 1st grade, he came home from school with an art project where they cut up a picture & then glued it back together in an artsy way. 

He told me after they cut up their pictures, they put the pieces in baggies to finish later. But when it was time to put their puzzles back together, he panicked. He couldn’t remember where his pieces went! As everyone else began gluing, he didn’t know what to do. He wanted to cry. Then he said a prayer.

He told me earnestly, “Jesus Christ helped me put it back together.”

The way he said “Jesus Christ” with complete confidence.❤️😭

And I thought, when things are a mess in my life, Jesus helps me put my pieces together again, too.

He is Hope.

“The word hope is sometimes misunderstood. In our everyday language, the word often has a hint of uncertainty… In the language of the gospel, however, the word hope is sure, unwavering, & active.” (Gospel Topics)

Hope is confidence in Christ. It anchors our souls! Knowing that because of Him, there is light ahead!

“And what is it that ye shall ​​​hope​ for? …ye shall have ​​​hope​ through the atonement of Christ​…” (Mor 7:41)

“We hope in Jesus the Christ, in the goodness of God, in the manifestations of the Holy Spirit, in the knowledge that prayers are heard & answered” (Uchtdorf)

I felt that hope yesterday at church as we sang “I Heard the Bells On Christmas Day.” I couldn’t hold back the tears:


“And in despair I bowed my head:

‘There is no peace on earth,’ I said,

‘For hate is strong & mocks the song

Of peace on earth, good will to men.’


Then pealed the bells more loud & deep:

‘God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;

The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,

With peace on earth, good will to men.’


Till, ringing, singing, on its way,

The world revolved from night to day…”

When despair comes, when hate is strong, the truth bellows loud & clear- GOD IS NOT DEAD. HE IS HERE. The right will prevail! This is the ultimate hope! In the darkness of the night, the Son always comes!

To put our pieces back together.

Comments