We Are Eternal Beings: Day 2


On the 2nd day of Christmas, Christ gave me… Divine Worth.

When I was 12, I had 2 posters hung up in my room: Jonathan Taylor Thomas (fondly known as JTT) 🀷‍♀️πŸ˜‚, & a poster of Christ with the words “You Are Never Alone.” 

That poster of JTT had been GREATLY sought after. I marched into the local drug store, babysitting money in hand, & beamed in happiness as I took that adorable face home! It was the FIRST (and only, actually) celebrity to grace my walls!! Yes, my life was complete! I could gaze upon JTT's face in my VERY ROOM. My friends & I admired his cute flannel jacket, his cheesy smile, his chestnut bangs…

Ah, to be 12.

Now, the other poster.

The poster of Christ was given as a gift to welcome me into the Young Women’s program. It hung on the wall directly across my bed.

It caught my eye a lot, & when I prayed, or felt sad, or scared, I often found myself opening my eyes & talking right to Him. 

I can see the pink & white striped wall behind Him, I can see His eyes from that poster, & I can tell you- I felt His love & I KNEW, as the poster said, I wasn’t alone.

It was the beginnings of my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Talking to a poster. Recognizing the Spirit. Sensing my divine worth. Feeling seen by God.

Sadly, things went nowhere with JTT πŸ˜‰. But my relationship with my Savior has only deepened. 

My celebrity crush gave me nothing in return. But my Savior has given me everything.

JTT, cute as he was, remained one-dimensional. Christ became real.

I’m so grateful to know that “we are eternal beings, without beginning & without end. We have always existed. We are the literal spirit children of divine, immortal, & omnipotent Heavenly Parents!” (Dieter F. Uchtdorf)

And why does it matter?

“Our entire perspective of our worth & our destiny is altered for good when we come to understand that we are God’s children & that we can become like Him.” (Douglas L. Callister)

It changes everything! I existed before I came here. I am God’s child, His creation, & I can become like Him, through Christ.

I matter. You matter. Do you feel it? 

I felt it in my pink & white bedroom with a 90’s teen heartthrob pinned to the wall.

I feel it now.

Comments