This Is The Testimony, Last Of All, That We Give Of Him: That He Lives!



“We announce the martyrdom of Joseph Smith the Prophet…” (D&C 135:1)

The prophet was dead. But the restored gospel was here to stay.

He knew who he was. He knew his mission.

He said:
​​​​“I speak boldly & faithfully & with authority… I understand my mission & business. God Almighty ​​is my shield; & what can man do if God is my friend? I shall not be sacrificed until my time comes; then I shall be offered freely.”

He knew his time was short. He knew the risks of speaking the truth. He did it anyway.

“…though I was hated & persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true… who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, & I knew that God knew it, & I could not deny it, neither dared I do it”

There will always be those who don’t believe.

​​​​“… You don’t know me; you never knew my heart. No man knows my history… I don’t blame any one for not believing my history. If I had not experienced what I have, I would not have believed it myself.”

But he had a work to do & stuck to it until the end.

​​​​“If I had not actually got into this work & been called of God, I would back out. But I cannot back out: I have no doubt of the truth.”

He could not back out. He loved God too much to do that.

“And now… this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; & we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father— that by him, & through him, & of him, the worlds are & were created, & the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons & daughters unto God” (D&C 76:22-24).

I love Joseph Smith because of what the gospel has done for me personally. The Book of Mormon is my lifeline. It brings a power & joy & peace to my life I have yet to find anywhere else. The message of the gospel is HOPE. It testifies of Jesus Christ & His power to save & heal & change! He lives! I will stand with Him forever.

* I’ve included some of my favorites quotes by Joseph in the slides here that demonstrate his incredible love for his fellowman & his astounding ability to forgive those who wronged him.

 











Comments