Though Your Sins Be As Scarlet, They Shall Be As White As Snow: Day 6


On the 6th day of Christmas, Christ gave me… Repentance.

One year the Easter Bunny had a SERIOUS lapse in judgment by putting FLARP in each of the kids’ baskets.

What’s Flarp, you ask? It’s akin to SLIME, GOO, or PUTTY. Like I said, LAPSE IN JUDGMENT.

Well, that Easter morn, I’d retreated into the basement to print off my lesson on the atonement that I'd been stressing about for DAYS.  When I ascended back upstairs, what did my innocent, never-been-Flarped eyes behold? NOT ONLY candy wrappers & jelly beans sprinkled all over the floor like confetti, I saw IT.

Flarp.

Melted into the carpet.

In 7 different places. 

It was gooey, it was wet, & it was NOT coming out. 😫

FLARP IT ALL! I was SO mad & I said some very unkind things about the Easter Bunny (aka me) to the kids. I said giving Flarp to 6 kids ages 10 & under was the stupidest idea he could have ever had. I threatened to banish him henceforth. I threatened to throw their baskets right into the garbage.

We arrived late to church, kids in tears, me feeling like a failure, & discovered we’d missed the sacrament, which is kind of what Easter is ALL ABOUT.

I was not feeling great.

When it was time, I prayed for help & drew up all the strength I had to teach my lesson.

As soon as I started speaking of Christ, the Spirit filled the room. It grew as others shared powerful, touching stories of the atonement in their lives. I was so lifted up. I felt my Savior near.

The rest of the day was great. I apologized to the kids & to God for how mad I got that morning. The kids said, “It's ok, Mom. We forgive you” 😭

As for the Flarp, I tried out a tip I’d gotten. BOILING HOT VINEGAR. WORKED LIKE A CHARM.πŸ€―πŸ™Œ

Sometimes we make Flarpy mistakes. And we think it’ll never come out. But let me give you a tip. Because of Christ’s sacrifice, we get to make things right. We get to repent.

“Though your ​​​sins​ be as scarlet, they shall be as ​​​white​ as snow.” (Isa. 1:18)

“Through the Atonement of the Savior, giving Himself as the ransom for our sins, He authorizes the Holy Ghost to cleanse us in a baptism of fire… His purifying presence burns out the filthiness of sin.” (Elder Mickelsen)

Or stickiness of Flarp.

Comments