Mindful of You Always


A few Decembers ago I was singing “Shingle Bells” and it did NOT make spirits bright.

It all began with weird numbness on my leg. 

A couple days later, tingling. 

Then redness.

Then bumps.

Then blisters.

THEN a full blown burning RASH accompanied by HORRIBLE nerve pain. 

Only then did I go to the doctor, where he confirmed: I had SHINGLES. 

I’m like, you mean what old people get?

Yep, THAT shingles. 👍😂

He told me I SHOULD have started antiviral medication at the FIRST sign of symptoms, days ago.

I asked if there was at least anything he could do for the pain.

And this new doctor I’d never seen before looked at me like he couldn’t be bothered & asked, “Is it really that bad?”

IS IT REALLY THAT BAD?!

How about I stab your leg with NEEDLES and then torch it on FIRE? IS IT REALLY THAT BAD? 

(I’m not bitter)

Don’t worry, I politely responded. And spent the next few miserable days in the company of many cold, wet towels.

I can imagine Moroni’s comfort when he received a letter from his father:

“My beloved son, Moroni, I rejoice exceedingly that your Lord Jesus Christ hath been mindful of you... 

“I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep your through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.” (Mor. 8:2-3)

I am mindful of you ALWAYS! CONTINUALLY praying for you! God WILL keep you through to the end! 

THAT is someone who cares. 😉 Someone who calls upon the powers of heaven for you. Someone who offers hope & compassion.

When the leper approached Jesus, “beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean” (Mark 1:40), can you imagine Christ asking him, “Is it really that bad?”

No.

“And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.” (41)

Whatever our ailment, HE CAN HEAL. 

Even if we missed the first few symptoms.

Even if we were late getting there.

Even if it’s kinda embarrassing.

He understands. He takes us in. He offers HOPE. He cares. He heals. He is mindful of us always! 

His grace & goodness will keep us through. ❤️

Comments

  1. I love this! I still can't believe the nerve of that doctor though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment