Lay Hold Upon Every Good Thing


I had a realization. These are kinda my “small plates." 

Nephi had “big plates,” where he wrote the "more part of all [his] proceedings" (1 Ne. 19:2), the "more history part" (2 Ne. 4:14). 

But the Lord commanded him to ALSO write on “small plates.” 

Why? Well, for the “more plain and precious parts" (1 Ne. 9:3), where "more sacred things may be kept" (19:5), the “things of God,” things "good in the Lord's sight.” 2 Ne. 5:30, 32)

I’ve got big plates- I’m a documenter at heart. I started journaling at age 8 & never stopped, then blogged & Instagrammed for years.

But I felt whisperings... I needed small plates.

So I began this account in July, keeping in mind Nephi’s same thoughts about his small plates: 

“The things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the world." (1 Ne. 6:5)

“I write the things of my soul" (2 Ne. 4:15)

As I’ve focused more on the things of God & the things of my soul, I’ve had incredible & valuable personal experiences!

I feel like Nephi:

“For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children... my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord” (2 Ne. 4:15-16) 

YES❤️

Finding words for my thoughts IS a struggle, but expressing them brings me SO much joy! It’s driven my roots farther into the ground & enhanced my spiritual lens to recognize truth.

Mormon taught, “Every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God” (Mor. 7:13)

“All things which are good cometh of Christ” (24)

“Lay hold upon every good thing” (19)

I’m TRYING to do just that: Seeking the divine! Grabbing light! EVERY good thing, big & small. 

Good things are everywhere. 

“Have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister” (29)

The heavens ARE open. 

Pres. Nelson promised, “Jesus Christ will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory.”

I’m here for it.

Comments

Post a Comment