12 Days of Christ Day 7: Glory to God in the Highest


12 Days of Christ: Day 7

(Better late than never, eh!)

“And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, & saying, Glory to God in the highest” (Luke 2:13-14)

We were getting ready to watch the first session of General Conference back in October when the little neighbor kid came to ask my 8-year-old son to play.

My son begged to have him over to watch conference with us. I was hesitant. Moving here from Utah has definitely been different, as we are the religious minority now! What would his parents think?

I told him he could stay, but there would be people from our church on the TV talking about Jesus & stuff, & it might get boring, & he could leave whenever he wanted.

He was so excited to stay!

They quietly played with magnets & cars, & once in awhile would stop & watch the screen. They were both so reverent!

Suddenly his friend said, “I’ll be back!”

I thought- ok he’s done, haha.

To my surprise, he came right back- with his own copy of the Bible.

My son pulled out his copy & they glanced through their Bibles together.

My son gave his friend some Jesus stickers. 

His friend went home & came back with Jesus stickers to share as well. Seriously!

He lasted the whole morning session.

And the afternoon session.

When it was over, he told us, “That was the funnest party! Thank you!” 😊

I could not make this up.

A few weeks later I was talking to the kid’s mom. I had wanted to bring up that conference day- just to reassure her we weren’t trying to brainwash her son or anything! I didn’t know what he’d told her about it.

But then she brought it up. She told me with a big smile that her son had come home that day saying we were having a “Jesus party” & he wanted to go! And afterwards he told her that he had the BEST time at our “Jesus party.” 😁 We laughed at our boys bonding over their Bibles & Jesus stickers ❤️

When Jesus was born, the angel invited the shepherds! Heavenly hosts appeared with music! Wise men gave gifts! Sounds like a party to me.

Christ was born to save us, heal us, change us, love us.

What a reason to celebrate!

Christmas: A great big Jesus party.

And we’re all invited. Every day of the year.

Comments