12 Days of Christ Day 4: We Have Seen His Star In The East

 


12 Days of Christ: Day 4

“Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, & are come to worship him” (Matt. 2:2)

She got in my car. I was giving her a ride to church. We were strangers.

She told me she has spent most of her life not trusting people- mostly men- due to much childhood trauma. 

She also told me she has spent most of her life not trusting religion- due to terrible past experiences.

She had thought, if there was a God, why did all these bad things happen?

So it was a surprise to her that when the missionaries knocked on her door, she immediately felt she could trust them. It didn’t make sense.

She thought she’d try out church.

Then she thought she’d try out more lessons.

I was able to sit in on a few, & I saw something incredible. That negative, skeptical woman who doubted God, religion, her very worth… she changed before my eyes. I watched her mind blown by the plan of salvation. Her realization that God knew her & loved her. She was so curious, so sincere! She took notes & studied & prayed. And at the end always asked eagerly, “when’s our next meeting?”

I haven’t had many missionary experiences on such a personal, front-row level. It was amazing to witness. The Spirit was undeniable!

She was recently baptized! It was so special! She spoke of miracles, love, & purpose.

As I gave her a ride to church today, I thought of how different things felt from that first time. She had come so far. Even quit smoking. When I asked how she was doing, she joyfully said, “Blessed!”

The wise men recognized the sign of the Savior’s birth. They sought to find Him! It didn’t matter where they came from or how long it took- they kept following that star, seeking Him.

“And lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came & stood over where the young child was.. When they saw the star, they rejoiced” (2:9-10)

My sweet friend didn’t see a new star, but she saw new light in her life. The light of truth. It didn’t matter where she came from or how far she’d been; she followed that light to her Savior.✨

“And ye shall seek me, & find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”

(Jer. 29:13)


Comments