The Design Of Your God


I’m AMAZED at the faith of the early Saints.

They didn’t have the benefit of looking back at the growth of the church. They didn’t have 17 latter-day prophets. They didn’t have a plethora of church resources & scriptures at their fingertips. They were not among 16.5 million members & 168 temples. 

What DID they have? The Book of Mormon, a prophet, the Holy Ghost, & INCREDIBLE faith.

Faith that moved them to Ohio, then Missouri, then Illinois, & onto Salt Lake. 

Could they imagine what their sacrifices would bring?

The Lord told them, “Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter” (D&C 58:3)

In my life, I wonder: what is God’s design for my family? Cause right now, “for the present time,” I cannot “behold” with my “natural eyes” his full plan for us- yet.

You see, we were thriving. I thought we’d live in Utah forever. 

Until subtle promptings turned into urgent ones.

Time for change. Time to move. I’d never made a big move in my life!

Our plan was to go overseas for 3 years.

It was all set. 

And God said, not quite.

And with a leap of faith, we found ourselves driving cross country to our new home, where we planned to be for 18 months, THEN go overseas. 

It was all set.

And God said, not quite.

I heard a whisper: “You’re not done here.”

It struck me to the core. But- why would we STAY when the plan was to GO? Why would we give up our DREAM of overseas? THIS was a stepping stone! Right?

And God said- you have been praying & praying to go where I want you to go, telling me you’d go anywhere! Why NOT here?

And we KNEW: there would be no move this summer.

Life is funny❤️

It took the HOPE of OUR Plan A to get us to God’s Plan B! 

Where is Plan B, you may ask?

“Thou art called to go to the Ohio” (D&C 39:14)😁

We have LOVED it here!!!

How long will we be here? 🤷‍♀️

Why exactly are we here? 🤷‍♀️

Will we ever make it to Plan A? 🤷‍♀️

The design of God for our family isn’t clear yet. 

But like intricate tapestries, beautiful symphonies, brilliant novels, & treks west: one step at a time. Trusting God to go where He wants us to go. Like the Saints did.



 

Comments