Great Things Await You

 


Life has been busy, & I haven’t done well at staying up to date with posts! But all week a line from last week’s Come Follow Me reading has been in my head:

“Men’s hearts shall fail them” (D&C 45:26)

I think we can all look around & see a myriad of ways that this is happening.

But Christ is the ultimate source of Hope, & He ALSO said:

“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.” (Ezekiel 36:26)

When hearts fail, He can take out the stones & provide a NEW heart. 

Ezekiel’s words about the last days continue:

“... the wastes shall be builded. And the desolate land shall be tilled... This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited... I the Lord build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the Lord have spoken it, and I will do it.” (33-36)

The symbolism, imagery, and truth in those words!! Wastelands tilled and planted! Desolate places inhabited, becoming beautiful gardens!

How?

Because “I THE LORD BUILD THE RUINED PLACES”❤️

“I WILL DO IT”

He promises that which is ruined can be restored! From cities, wilderness, deserts. To relationships, humanity, hearts. 

Spring after a long winter brings me Relief, Joy, & so much HOPE. 

And we can KNOW, as “the fig trees... begin to shoot forth, & their leaves are yet tender, that the summer is now nigh at hand”

Yes.

“The hour is nigh” for “the coming of the Son of Man” (D&C 45:37-39)

He will come. The old Jerusalem will “be built up again” (Ether 13:5)

“And it shall be called the New Jerusalem, a land of peace, a city of refuge, a place of safety for the saints of the Most High God; (D&C 45:66) 

Peace, refuge, safety. 

“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered” (Isa 65:17)

No matter what happens: through the grace, the power, the love, the hope of Christ, things will be all right if we turn our hearts (failing or unfailing) to Him. Cause He restores ruined places. 

“I say unto you, that great things await you” (D&C 45:62)

Comments