I will Reveal Myself From Heaven


Often when I try to write a spiritual post, a little voice in my head tells me, “You have nothing to say.”

Sometimes I believe it.

But most of the time I force myself to write anyway. 🤷‍♀️

These words from the hymn “The Spirit of God” have been on my mind:

“The veil o’er the earth is beginning to burst”

Burst- 

“to give way from an excess of emotion”

“to be filled to the breaking point”

“to flood over” (Merriam-Webster)

And just like that veil... so close to bursting... there are feelings deep in my soul ready to burst each time I study the words of God.

And I KNOW-

I DO have something to say. 

(Finding the right words is the hard part.)

“Declare my gospel with the sound of rejoicing, as with the voice of a trump” (D&C 29:4) 

The voice of a trump. Mine’s probably more like a triangle, or maraca... ya know, a small background percussion of sorts.

Gotta work on that trumpet thing.

The scriptures mention trumpets multiple times.

“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound... & we shall be changed.” (1 Cor. 15:52)

“The Lord himself shall ​​​descend​ from heaven with ​​​a shout, with the voice of the ​​​archangel​, & with the ​​​trump​ of God” (1 Thes. 4:16)

“Blow ye the ​​​trumpet​ in Zion... for the ​​​day​ of the ​​Lord​​ cometh” (Joel 2:1)

“For a trump shall sound both long & loud... & they shall come forth... to be with me, that we may be one” (D&C 29:13)

“Before the earth shall pass away, Michael, mine archangel, shall sound his trump, & then shall all the dead awake... they shall come forth- yea, even all. And the righteous shall be gathered” (26)

Sounds of warning, of joy, of calling, of waking, of gathering.

“When he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye” (Isa. 18:3)

Like a trumpet, our prophet’s words warn, call, wake. They speak of JOY. They tell us, GATHER. 

They plead, HEAR HIM. 

Do you hear it? 

Do you feel it?

The veil is bursting.

He is coming. 

“I will reveal myself from heaven with power & great glory, with all the hosts thereof” (D&C 29:11)

Can you even imagine?!✨

“We’ll sing & we’ll shout

With the armies of heaven

Hosanna! Hosanna! To God and the Lamb!”

Hand me my trumpet.

Comments