There Is a God in Heaven


I discovered something amazing last week. 

You wanna know what it was?

Nutella.

Yep. NUTELLA!

I had never bought it or eaten it before. I know, what?! Until that adventurous day at Costco when I thought, ya know what, it’s time. And I bought two huge jars.

Turns out, Nutella IS LIKE THE BEST THING EVER. My life is changed!

While I mourn the realization that I could have had it in my life a lot sooner, I am so happy to have it in my life now! 😆 To think, its goodness was there waiting for me this whole time.

A couple days ago we had a new friend over for dinner. He is older, but was just baptized. He had borne a heartfelt testimony in church earlier that day, “I wish I would have found the church sooner! It’s been a long road for me to get here. But I’m so happy to be here now!” He told us he’d never felt anything like it before.

It didn’t matter how long his road had been. What matters is he is here now, tasting the life-changing sweetness of the gospel.

“By these things we know that there is a God in heaven, who is infinite and eternal, from everlasting to everlasting the same unchangeable God” (D&C 20:17)

Our Father in Heaven is always there! He is infinite and eternal! Everlasting, unchanging, constant! 

We may pass him by again & again. Yet he waits, hoping one day we will stop. It would have been wonderful years ago. But it is still wonderful now. He was there eternities ago. He is still there now. 

It is not too late.

“He stretches forth his hands unto them all the day long” (Jac. 6:4)

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock” (Rev. 3:20.)

“For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee” (Isa. 54:10)

“In this world where nearly everything seems to be changing, His constancy is something on which we can rely, an anchor to which we can hold fast and be safe” 

...”God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there.” (Thomas S. Monson)

Of course I don’t mean to say Nutella is the same as God... it’s just an analogy. But I am saying: 

Don’t wait any longer.

The time is now. Come unto Him. Come ALL IN, Costco-size in. 

You won’t regret it.

Comments

  1. I've never bought Nutella either! I love your analogy though. It reminded me of people I taught on my mission that joined the church very late in life and couldn't have been happier to find the truth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment