Able to Stand


Yesterday we had every intention of leaving at 6AM to drive 11 hours to the beach for spring break.

We woke up 2 hours late. 🤦‍♀️

Probably cause I decided to stay up super late the night before & clean the house like a maniac cause it seemed like a good idea at the time. (I like to leave a clean house behind, ok?)

It was not a good idea.

Cause not only did I wake up late, I wasn’t even packed! I know!

Well, after a bit of chaos, we finally got out the door 3.5 hours after our planned time. Sigh.

And then on the way I realized I forgot a bunch of stuff. Cool.

But it was ok, cause, one word: Walmart.

The place to pick up forgotten things.🙌

What a day of convenience we live in.

However, not ALL things can be picked up at Walmart.

“Armor of God” is not under any department.

Truth, righteousness, the preparation of the gospel of peace, faith, salvation, the Spirit...

Not available at the store. Not even Amazon.

In a day where we feel like we can snap our fingers and get whatever we want, we still need to put time & effort, heart & soul, thoughts & prayers, sweat & tears into the things that MATTER.

We gotta prepare. Every single day.

“Take upon you my whole armor, that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, having done all, that ye may be able to stand.” (D&C 27:15)

The WHOLE armor. 

Having done ALL.

So you may be able to STAND.

The fight against Satan is not one to procrastinate or hastily prepare for. You can’t haphazardly throw things together, jump out the door, & say, “oh dang, forgot my helmet! It’s ok, I’ll grab one at Walmart.”

No. 

“And five of them were wise, and five were foolish...” (Matt. 25:2)

The fiery darts are HERE. Fast & fierce & yes, FIERY. 

“The forces of evil have never raged more forcefully than they do today. As servants of the Lord, we cannot be asleep while this battle rages.” (Pres. Nelson)

We gotta wake up.

And if by chance you wake up late, like maybe some of us do, may your armor be READY.

“I am not saying that the days ahead will be easy, but I promise you that the future will be glorious for those who are prepared” (Pres. Nelson)

Prepare. Drop by drop. Then STAND.

And remember: with His armor, we never fight alone.

Comments