Ye Cannot See It Now


She’d acted so strong. Completely unfazed. 

When others asked how my kids were doing, I told them others were struggling, but NOT her.

Until one day, weeks later, when the dam BURST. And all those pent up feelings exploded. “I wanna go home!” she sobbed. I sobbed with her. 

Her brokenness broke me that night. I suddenly second guessed everything. Why? Why did we do this? Why did we move when we were JUST FINE where we were? How could we do this to our kids!? Were our promptings right? 

We went from comfortably happy to DELIBERATELY stepping into the river of change, where our lives were swept gently to this exact place. A place we never planned for. A place we assumed would be temporary until we made it to our “real” place.

A place I feel, more than ever, we were meant to be.

Now 19 months later, we curiously asked our kids where they’d live right now if they had the choice. Here in Ohio. Or back in Utah.

All six kids said HERE.

And the child who shook with tears begging us to “go home” all those months ago is now begging us to “stay here forever.”❤️

In the throes of pain, sorrow, change, heartache, troubles, trials… our feelings are real. They are valid. They are heard. 

But we have no idea what’s around the corner. We have no idea where the road is headed. Where the river is flowing!

There IS a BIG PICTURE. There is a PLAN. It is everything to me. It keeps my faith alive. There is more to our story!

“For I, the Lord, have put forth my hand to exert the powers of heaven; ye cannot see it now, yet a little while and ye shall see it, and know that I am, and that I will come and reign with my people.” (D&C 84:119)

“A little while” in God’s time means… who knows! But I do know WE “SHALL SEE IT.” His power! His miracles! If we can’t see it now, oh, we will!! 

“Miracles… are not always what we ask for or what we expect, but when we trust in the Lord, He will be there, and He will be right. He will suit the miracle to the moment we need it.” -Elder Rasband

He will exert the powers of heaven for US. In the small. In the great. Today. And the day when He comes in glory, when “every knee shall ​​​bow​, and every tongue shall confess” His name. (88:104)

Comments