The True Light That Is In You


Okay, not gonna lie. I was behind on my scripture reading. So I settled into a chair on the deck one evening last week to tackle D&C section 88.

I wasn’t planning on reading the whole thing in one sitting. But I could not stop.

I was thirsty for it. Charged by it! Thinking. Underlining. Writing. Circling repeated words. “Law.” “Sanctified.” “Quickened.” “Light.”

I read & read as the sun set, until my eyes strained in the growing darkness. 

Good thing “the light shineth in darkness” (49)

I thought of this HUGE eternal plan. Of the earth, made for us. And “after it hath filled the measure of its creation, it shall be crowned with glory” (19). 

The earth itself is filling the measure of its creation.

Then it will die. 

Then renewed, sanctified, & prepared to be, well, “heaven” itself 🤯.

Am I fulfilling the measure of MY creation?

Am I prepared to die, to “rise again, a spiritual body,” (27)? Prepared to be sanctified? Prepared for celestial glory? Prepared to meet God?

I mean, whoa.

“The day shall come when you shall comprehend even God, being quickened in him & by him. Then shall ye know that ye have seen me, that I am, & that I am the true light that is in you, & that you are in me” (49-50). 

We will comprehend God! We will SEE Him! We will KNOW that His light is in us! It was always in us! We were always in Him!

“And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, & there shall be no darkness in you; & that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.” (67)

These words! They sound too fantastical, too beautiful to be true.

And yet, even as I write this on my tiny Instagram account right now… my eyes fill with tears & I feel it is true. I feel that light to my very core!

“Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, & the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you” (68)

Sanctify yourselves. 

Only one way to do that. 

Through Jesus Christ. Whose light has the power to change. To renew. To cleanse. Whose light fills the “immensity of space” (12), & will change the earth. Whose light fills the corners of our hearts, & will change our souls.

Comments