Cardboard Box

This time of quarantine has been, uh, interesting, as we all know!  There has been WAY TOO MUCH screen time, if I'm honest, but every once in awhile there is some creativity over here.  Well, the three youngest kids built a cardboard neighborhood.  And when I say neighborhood, I mean three houses with doors and windows and "rooms," a sidewalk connecting their houses together, a flower garden outside, pillows on the inside, and even mailboxes aka Easter baskets.  I mean, adorable.

This neighborhood has been on display in our living room for a few days now, and today two of the kids decided to try a new venue.  They took their big box houses outside onto the deck.  And they stayed inside those boxes for an hour and a half.  I mean, I thought they'd have fun for 10 minutes, but an HOUR AND A HALF?  That is pret-ty impressive.  And it's not sunny out there today.  Oh, no, it is chilly.  And windy.  With a little rain sprinkled in.  I asked them if they were cold, and they pleasantly told me, "No!  It's warm in here!"  Who knew a cardboard box was enough to protect them from the elements.  Who knew it was enough to entertain them for so long.  They read books and played with toys, each in their own little house.

Ah, the joy of a simple cardboard box.  And it's good to know that if they end up homeless they'll be okay.

Comments