They That Be With Us Are More


Today one of my kids needed to share a scripture in primary, so last night we reviewed the story of Elisha, the threat of the Syrian army, & the unseen heavenly army.

Later that night as I got into bed ready to relax, another kid flopped next to me. I could tell she wanted to talk, which turned into an emotional conversation about a particular struggle. 💔 But then she hugged me, looked me in the eyes, & said with hopeful confidence, “I’m gonna get through this.”

And the second she said that, the scripture I’d helped my other daughter practice for primary came to my mind with full force:

“Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.” (2 Kings 6:16)

Tears sprang to my eyes at her sweet faith in that moment! “I’m gonna get through this”😭

When we see the obstacles before us & cry to the Lord, “Alas, my master! how shall [I] do?” (15) how often are we unaware of the mountains full of “horses & chariots of fire round about [us]”? (17)

And God is like, if only you saw what I see!

We are not alone. The scriptures tell us this again & again. The Lord is our strength. He will fight our battles. If God be with us, who can be against us? Look up. Fear not. Angels are among us.

A year ago I pled for heaven’s help. Like, calling upon my ancestors’ type of help. I’d never done that before.

A year ago I got a prompting for something I was gonna have to do, & I didn’t know how I was gonna do it. But I proceeded slowly & cautiously.

Recently I have seen the results of THAT plea & THAT prompting. It took a year. Yep. One year for me to be like- I SEE NOW.

Things working in a way I could not see before.

I thought of my daughter.

As a parent it can be hard to watch kids struggle knowing it’s not gonna go away overnight.

I imagine our Heavenly Parents feel the same way.

The enemy rages on. The battles are real.

But if we call upon the heavens- if we desire that kind of help- if we exercise FAITH as an ACTION- THEY THAT BE WITH US will be MORE THAN THEY THAT BE WITH THEM.

Yes.

We are gonna get through this.

“I testify of angels… I am testifying God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face.” (Holland)

Comments