Fear Not: For Am I In The Place Of God?


 Go go go Joseph! 🎶

I grew up to the soundtrack of Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat- Any dream will do… Those Canaan days… Close every door… ahhh, musical gold!! 

I know every word!

But as I studied the story in Genesis these last couple weeks, I was like: WHY did I not know every word in the ACTUAL story? It’s EVEN BETTER.

REASONS WHY JOSEPH IS AWESOME:

-“The Lord was with him” (Gen 39:1, 3, 21, 23) & others could SEE that & trusted him!

-FLEES from Potiphar’s wife! (39:12)

-Turned to God again & again, even after being enslaved & then imprisoned. “Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?” (40:38)

-He is kind! Ya know, the butler & baker would never have told him their crazy dreams if he hadn’t noticed “they were sad” (7) & asked them WHY? Being in prison at THAT time with THOSE people & caring enough to ask WHY THEY WERE SAD directly led to him ruling in Egypt & saving his family & countless others!

-Gives ALL credit to God for his gift of dream interpretation

-His emotion! So much weeping, & I am here for it! Weeping when he sees his brothers, weeping when they come back with Benjamin, weeping when he sees how they’ve changed, finally weeping openly in front of them cause he “could not refrain himself” (45:1-2). Then weeping with all of his brothers when he reveals himself, & weeping “a good while” when he sees his father again! 😭 I’M NOT CRYING, YOU’RE CRYING

-His forgiveness! So amazing. So tender! “Come near to me… I am Joseph your brother… be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life” (4-5)

And after Jacobs’s death, when Joseph’s brothers are STILL worried about what they’d done so long ago- Joseph WEPT AGAIN & told them, “Fear not: for am I in the place of God? …ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good” And Joseph “comforted them, & spake kindly unto them” (50:19-21)

❤️

It all worked out how it was supposed to. 

There IS a big picture.

Forgiveness & reconciliation is possible.

And all our messy moments can lead us right to the place God had planned for us. He “meant it unto good.”

Go Joseph indeed 🎶

Comments