I Have Found Thee


I feel pretty good about the fact that out of 6 kids, I’ve only ever lost 2 at Walmart. And only ONE of them required a Code Adam, so, #winning 🤦‍♀️ #terrifying 
 


In the case of my then 3-year-old, she had taken off looking for Barbies. She solemnly explained later: “I was looking fow you, & I was cwying because I was so sad because I wasn't founding you, & I was looking fow you." 

I told her, "And I was looking for you! I was so happy to find you!"

She smiled, "Uh-huh! And I found YOU!"
 
Already a follower of righteousness, Abraham "sought" the blessings of his fathers, "desiring" great knowledge. Then GREATER knowledge & to be a GREATER follower of righteousness.

Not one to settle, is he?
 


Despite a less-than-perfect upbringing & other hardships, he SOUGHT. He DESIRED. GREATER things. No excuses!
 


And the Lord responds in kind.
 


“Abraham, Abraham, behold, my name is Jehovah, & I have heard thee..." (Abr. 1:16)


“I will lead thee by my hand... my power shall be over thee" (18)
 


"I will make of thee a great nation, & I will bless thee above measure” (2:9)
 


"I give unto thee a promise that this right shall continue in thee, & in thy seed after thee... with the blessings of the Gospel… the blessings of salvation" (11)


 There it is: the offer of a covenant relationship. You may have heard of it? 😉


Abraham says in his heart, "Thy servant has sought thee earnestly; now I have found thee... I will do well to hearken unto thy voice" (12-13)


 
I HAVE SOUGHT THEE.

I HAVE FOUND THEE.

I WILL LISTEN.
 
If he was going to make it through what was to come, yes, he needed to have FOUND GOD.


Asked to sacrifice his beloved & long-awaited miracle child... HOW could Abraham have done this willingly if he had not already found God?

But he had intimately & undeniably FOUND GOD. LOVED God. TRUSTED God.

Heart-wrenching. Incomprehensible.

But God knew what he'd do. And in the asking was now able to bless him beyond our understanding. And somewhat share the agony of sacrifice of a begotten son.


This isn't Walmart. We aren't looking for Barbies. But whatever aisle we are in, seek Him. For He seeks us!

“If thou ​​​seek​ him, he will be found of thee” (1 Chron. 28:9)

Comments