The Heart and a Willing Mind


I had a heart to heart with God the other day. In the car, out loud, like I do sometimes when I'm alone. 

We talked about lots of things, but mostly it was me being annoying, (JK I know God doesn’t get annoyed. Does He? 😉) once again pleading, “Help me balance my life!” 

I have LOTS of good intentions. 🙌 And only so much energy. 😩 And of course when I’m making headway over here, something is inevitably slipping over there. It’s maddening.

HOW TO BALANCE IT ALL?

God answered. The simplest answer. One I've heard again & again, but in that moment it was SO CLEAR. 

PUT GOD FIRST.

I haven’t been doing so great at this lately!

I thought of President Nelson's question: “What would you do if you had more faith? Think about it. Write about it. Then receive more faith by doing something that requires more faith.”

If I had more faith, I would do better at putting God first!

What does that look like? It looks like rearranging some priorities. Discipline. Action. Time. Humility. Sacrifice. Gratitude. Compassion. Logging out. Tuning in. “Doing something that requires more faith.”

Trusting that everything else will fall into place, as it always does when I choose God first!

The Lord told the early Saints: “Be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.” (D&C 64:33)

Don’t be weary? Really?! I am weary, so often! Yet the Lord reassures: don’t give up. Don’t stop trying to do good. It matters! More than you know. 

“Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; & the willing & obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days.” (34)

My whole heart. A willing mind. That’s it. Simple, right?

I told the God I believe, the God I love, the God who gave me all- I’ll do it. 

I’ll probably fail. Again.

But I’ll try. Again.

“Are ​you​ willing to let God prevail in your life? Are ​you​ willing to let God be the most important influence in your life? …Will you allow His voice to take priority over any other? Are you ​willing​ to let whatever He needs you to do take precedence over every other ambition? Are you ​willing​ to have your will swallowed up in His?​​“(Pres. Nelson)

I’m willing.

It was a good talk. 💕

Comments

Post a Comment